We’ve been using this diaper bag for about a year now, and I think this is the shizzle. I recommended it to a friend and I don’t think I’ve seen them use another bag since.
This diaper bag looks like an OK backpack. It’s definitely not a COOL backpack but design wise it’s very practical (it’s designed by dad’s what do you think you’d get?). I don’t think a dad or anyone else will feel ashamed or embarrassed to sling this on their back. Most people won’t even know what this bag really is.
What it is:
* A no-nonsense diaper bag that’s a backpack instead of a messenger bag, oversized purse, etc.
* Two compartments on the sides for water bottles, sippy cups, etc (one on each side)
* Wipes compartment easily accessible without having to open the bag
* Top compartment that fits about 8-12 diapers. Zoe’s in a size 4, and it easily fits 8
* Large main compartment. Holds a change of clothes, blanket, and almost anything else we feel like throwing in there
* Two “smaller” pockets that will hold misc items like diaper cream, hand sanitizer, changing pad, etc
* Comes with a changing pad (I tossed this. We use hospital chux instead)
* Built in stroller straps (’nuff said)
What I like:
* Convenience of the wipes and diaper. This is the essential part of any diaper bag. You don’t have to dig for anything.
* How much stuff it holds. It doesn’t fit as much as my old North Face, but pretty darn close.
* Not girlie. I’m a “tomboy”. Girlie things and I just don’t get along. The messenger diaper bag we had was nice and not girlie, but the strap across my chest which was unfortunately placed, just made me feel uncomfortable.
* Travels really well. If you knew us, you’d know we travel quite a bit. Our daughter’s passport already has been stamped twice (would’ve been 3 if we got the Canada stamp) before she was even 1.5 years old.
What I don’t like:
* The wipes box that is built into the diaper bag can be tricky to close. It’s not hard to close it, but you need to fidget a little with it. If you’re not willing to fidget, it’s fine. There are straps that you velcro over the box to ensure that it stays shut. GENIUS!
* Sometimes you have to dig around in the large compartment to find what you need, but that might be because I’m not organizing my bag well enough.
Overall: I really think this is THE diaper bag. I’ll probably even use it after Zoe is potty trained.
DadGear Backpack Diaper Bag on Amazon