So here’s #2. Last week I made Ripert’s Caramelized Mangoes. This week, I present to you Bacon and Cheese Omelet. I originally hoped that it would be more like a quiche, but i’m having trouble calling it that without a crust. See below for recipe.
You can add other ingredients like nutmeg, light cream, caramelized onions, and/or pie crust. Really any type of ingredients you like in your quiche/omelets will work. Also, depending on the size of your oven safe container, the ingredient amounts may need to be adjusted accordingly. Since I’m doing all of these things at work, I’m only making dishes that are quick, require ingredients i already have in my home/work, and does not require that i buy new tools.
Toaster (again, the whole point of this series)
Ramekin or some other oven safe container that will fit in the toaster
Recipe (Serves 2):
Grated Gouda (or whatever cheese you want)
2 tbsp Milk
1 Strip of Bacon cut into smaller pieces and cooked
1. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper to taste
2. Add cheese, bacon and mix
3. Cover toaster pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up in case it over flows while cooking
4. Butter the inside of the ramekin
5. Pour egg, milk, bacon and cheese mix
6. Put into toaster oven (450 degrees) for about 10 minutes or until it’s done. Use your fork or a toothpick. Stab ONCE (you’re not killing it, sheesh). If it comes up clean, it’s done, otherwise let it cook for a little longer.