this seems to be a facebook thing, but i dont’ like things that are only permanent in facebook. facebook will one day fade away like myspace and xanga. i hope agapeshack never fades.
1. joseph and i were married on july 26, 2003. i was 23. the next day i turned 24. there were about 1000 people at the wedding, with 4 receptions. but no limos. just friends..lots of friends
2. i like cooking for friends and family. i took amateur classes at FCI to make sure i wouldn’t feed them crap. but i have no aspirations in becoming a professional chef.
3. i like stupid movies. joseph calls it the “theresa network”. i’ll watch 13 going on 30, notting hill, and love actually whenever it shows up on tv and i’ve got free time. but some stupid movies will make me gag – most recently “enchanted”. but i also have a love for smart movies.
4. i used to go karaoke alot back in college. i like to scream into the mic, so i usually sing korean rock ballads. my favorites are lee seung hwan, and kim kyung ho
5. at church, i like to sing at the same octave as the guys when singing worship songs. sometimes it scares the people around me.
6. i love to drive. i miss having a car. my first car was an electric blue nissan altima, after college i bought an acura tl. i now own no car, but part owner or many buses and subway cars.
7. i like to play golf, but i’m not very good anymore. i’m a better coach/caddie. in middle/high school school i used to play alot and actually had a decent handicap.
8. i grew up in inner city baltimore. alot of the stuff that happens in the Wire seems familiar to me.
9. i dislike curry, but will make it for friends and will eat it.
10. i LOVE rice. my comfort foods are rice with kimchi and seaweed soup on the side. it’s actually the first meal i ever remember eating. i hope this will be an early food for our daughter too.
11. i like to do crafts. i like papercrafting and knitting. i’m currently in the middle of doing a papercraft of pee-wee herman for a coworker, and i’m trying to knit a baby blanket.
12. i ran into a coffee table when i was a kid. i now have a scar immediately underneath my left eye. most people can’t see it because my glasses usually help hide it
13. i’ve lived in 11 different homes in maryland alone (does NOT include dorms). 2 in nyc. for a grandtotal of 13. (how fitting…)
14. i’ve had the same cell phone number since 1998.
15. i don’t like chocolate. i had a traumatic incident in elementary school where i had some chocolate milk and shortly thereafter threw up all over my and my friends lunches. i’ll eat white chocolate sometimes tho.
16. i have a large family. 26+ “cousins” just on my mothers side. 26+ “cousins” on my dad’s side as well. i haven’t met everyone yet, so i’ve stopped counting. the ones i’m closest with are those i grew up with, and helped take care of as i was growing up myself.
17. i’ve always dreamed of owning my own business. i’ve already thought through my business plan, financing and 5 years worth of goals with high level milestones every 6months. my parents have owned at least 8 businesses that I am aware of/can remember. most of my aunts and uncles own(ed) their own businesses as well; ranging from a furniture company to a cafe.
18. i scare most people the first time i meet them. it’s usually me being friendly, they just don’t realize it.
19. i hate the heat. when i vacation, i like places that are usually cooler and no beaches please.
20. i’m skeptical about alot of things.
21. i don’t like people who have a problem with or complain about something but don’t have suggestions on how to fix it.
22. i can drink heavily, but choose not to. my tolerance is hereditary.
23. i like offal meats. hearts, gizzards, feet, tongue, ears, marrow, intenstine, tripe, sweetbreads, livers, etc. i don’t eat them often tho. they are not good for you in excess.
24. i’m strangely good at dealing with customer service and getting what i want either over the phone or in person
25. joseph is my favorite person in the world. right behind my halmuhnee =P